Thursday, April 24, 2014

For Health, For Sanity, How Things Are Changing.

So full disclosure,  I few weeks ago I had a long post wrote out.  It would probably be one part venting, one part planning, and mostly just being salty.  Well, some things happened, and it made me scrap the entire thing and pretty much go on a week long sabbatical to rethink things.  So what you will get here is brutal honesty.  Everything coming is not said with any malice or anger, as I am now past that stuff, nothing but shooting from the hip.

First and foremost,  my enjoyment of this GAME I enjoy has become nearly non-existant. It seemed like any time I logged in, there was some new drama or continuing old drama to deal with.  I took a week off from the game with some sporadic logging on to check mail and such.  The reason I took a week off was because not only were things starting to cause me headaches, but chest pains as well.  I did go to a doctor to make sure I wasn't having a cardiac episode, and was confirmed that I was fine and the issues came from one thing: Stress.   Stress, from a video game.  That's all in the past now, as I have resolved not to let this stuff get to me any longer.  I like this game and the people I play with.  From this point on, I will run the guild how I feel it should be run.  Things like drama, in-fighting, etc, I can't and will not deal with any longer,  people have to work out their own problems.  I always have an ear to listen, and have no problem giving advice, but I cannot be a peace keeper any longer, it has literally deteriorated my health, and for the good of myself and the guild, I advise everyone to adhere to rule #3, Communicate!   But when you communicate, remember also Rule #1, Be Respectful!  Please communicate calmly and rationally without lashing out in anger,  we're a guild, we're family, and we can overcome obsticles if we allow ourselves to!

From this point on, I will be putting together a Flex raid on Friday nights starting this Friday for anyone who wants to attend. Time will be on the Calender each week.  I will be organizing and leading these raids from now on,  to assure that we get a group together.  If we cannot get a group together for flex, we will do scenarios, dungeons, SOMETHING as a guild.  The time for the raid will be posted on the calender, I ask that people please sign up weekly so I will know who is showing up.  If I cannot make it for some reason, I will have someone in place to get the group together in my absence.  

Saturdays there is a new 10 man group that has formed,  while the spots are already filled for the 10 man, if you are interested in being an alternative for that group if someone can't make it contact Velven or Mallorean in game and they will give you the information.  !0 man will go for 2-3 hours starting at 8:30 server time.

Raiding for Platinum Sanctum is meant to be fun, another activity for our guildies to get together and build our community.  The more interest we have, the more activities we can do.  If you have any suggestions for activities or events, send me an in-game mail to any of my characters, or if you want to be more detailed, you can e-mail our new email address platinumcomment@gmail.com.  I am always looking for new, postive, community building ideas that will help us grow and become more community oriented.

One last note, starting next week I will begin purging the members of the guild that have not logged in for a year or more.  If you have a toon you have not played in a looooong time, please log into it so it will not get purged.  I am doing this so our member page will be easier to search, more managable, and so we have plenty of room to grow.   I will start doing a weekly blog post to talk about the past weeks events and upcoming events,  also with information about future changes coming to the game and to the guild.  I want this to begin a new, positive era for Platinum Sanctum,  A place where we come to put our stresses behind us, not add to them.  I believe we can succeed in this, and we will only grow from here!

Thank you for your time and thank you all for your continued support!

-Wayne

3 comments:

  1. Well written Wayne
    *Huggles* to the guild. I miss you all
    DeathKaraz

    ps. I will be back this Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well written Wayne. Looking forward to seeing the positive changes take effect soon. Taz/Jessie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch Red Text hurts my poor eyes, won't be able to focus on my little guy in game until they stop hurting.

    ReplyDelete